Well folks, after 2 years at the ‘helm’ of SICA Oz, it’s time for me to step down. Being Chair of SICA in Australia has been inspiring, eye opening, and engaging. It’s been a pleasure being able to serve Subud in this way. My time is up however, and I’m looking forward to seeing who the next chair will be!
SICA in Australia is a vibrant organisation with links to both Subud Australia and SICA International. Our aim is to inspire the sharing of true human culture both within and outside of Subud. We do this through encouraging Subud creators to share their work with the world, and encouraging the intersection between art and spirituality outside of Subud.
Each year SICA Oz is given a small budget from Subud Australia, and as a registered charity is able to accept donations from the wider Australian community. As a not-for-profit charity, we’re able to auspice projects in-line with our charter.
So – what’s it take to be the SICA Australia Chair? Here’s a short list:
- Be a member of Subud Australia, and opened to the Latihan
- Be ‘tested into the role’ by the current national helpers. It needs to feel good to you – not just to everyone else!
- Be able to listen to others ideas – your main role as chair is to consolidate what happens on your board. Being chair should never be about forcing your ideas onto others.
- Be willing to learn, and have fun while doing it!
- Be familiar, and comfortable, using computers and digital technology. While human interaction is important, SICA’s material business is online. This includes our filing system and all of our communications. Computer skills are essential.
- Be passionate about the arts and culture in Australia! This can take many forms. While our mandate is for an organisation supporting the arts in Australia, true human culture embraces many areas!
Any more questions? Please get in touch! We’re excited to meet the next chair of SICA Australia – this could be you!
Outgoing SICA Chair